Please join us on Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. CST for a webinar that offers an overview of Preadmission Screening and Resident Review – PASRR - and considerations when PASRR is being conducted for someone with a history of Child or Dependent Adult Abuse. PASRR is utilized to identify individuals with serious mental illness, intellectual or developmental disabilities, and related conditions, and identifies services that will be required for them if they enter an Iowa nursing facility. Within the past several years, we have seen a significant increase in the number of PASRR assessments involving individuals with some criminal or child abuse history, or assessments that are conducted while individuals have also been identified as dependent adults by DHS, and where Dependent Adult Abuse assessments are co-occurring with PASRR or have recently been undertaken. In such cases, it can be beneficial for the individual and their support network if/when those involved in PASRR can collaborate more effectively with those involved in child or dependent adult abuse assessment, and the service delivery that may follow. This webinar will offer guidance on:
• Who/What/When/Why/and How of PASRR
• What information is needed to complete a thorough Level II evaluation and Summary of Findings?
• When PASRR requests Abuse information, what happens with it?
• Why court orders and legal/criminal history become important matters in such cases
• How Dependent Adult Abuse Assessments impact PASRR and service delivery within the nursing facility
• The benefits of a collaborative process between PASRR and DHS staff engaged in Child or Dependent Adult Abuse Assessments